This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
Liège-Bastogne-Liège Challenge 2015
  • On my to do list...

Anyone else?
  • Doing this on Saturday (167km distance), might be up for taking on the long if winter goes well
  • Did you ride the Amstel Gold as well Si? some nice pics of the race on your instagram
  • JG was on about Amstel gold, that'd be some fun next year.
  • That would be amazing to ride the wall
  • +1 Amstel Gold next year
  • Is L-B-L challenge the full route? I wonder what the total metres of climbing would be? Must be an absolutely monster ride.
  • Did ride parts of Amstel Gold, just the main climbs towards the end.  Definitely doing that ride next year, there are 6 distances to choose from, but I'm told it's the most attended sportive in the world c20k people riding!
    Full LBL is about 280k with 4,500m climbing. I think after this year I'd be happy sticking with the middle 270k option again.
    Some lovely riding around the Fleche Wallone route as well.  Mur de Huy is a bitch though!
  • Leo Tong (most of you know him, I think) just did this.

• Bosh. Tidy.
  • They took 10 billion Instagram pics on the way too!
  • Mur de Huy looks fearsome - that's a proper week away Simon
  • Can the routes be ridden at any time? Why ride them with thousands of others when we could do it on our own?
  • I favour that approach. That was my plan when I did the three climbs of Ventoux. Unfortunately the approx 5,000 Dutch people who happened to be doing a charity ride up the Bedouin side kinda scuppered it :-)
  • Tour of Flanders was 25k + riders 3 years ago...
  • I must admit I haven't done any research. Just putting it out there...

• Registration open for Amstel 2015: Sign up

I'm signed up for 200km route.  Staying in Valkenburg from 17 to 20 April. Anyone else keen?
  • Would love to do this one day. But not next year unfortunately.
  • Liège-Bastogne-Liège Challenge

On Saturday, 25 April, thousands of cycling fans will take on the challenge of cycling the Liège-Bastogne-Liège route a day before the professionals! This year is also the 101th anniversary of this classic cycling race. 

Participants taking part in the entire 279-km race must conquer no less than 10 steep inclines! La Redoute, Stockeu and Wanne are the inclines that fire up the imagination the most. And last but not least, the rugged Saint-Nicolas climb awaits the cyclists just 10 km from the finish line. 

Those that opt for the shorter courses of 167 km or 85 km will certainly not be spared, instead they will be also faced with many of these calf muscle killers. 

image  Register here 
    image  More info
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!