This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
Grupetto/Team Sky Collabs ££££
  • Looks like Rapha has been taking some 'inspiration' from the club kit with their new Sky Brevet Jersey.

http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/team-sky-training-brevet-jersey/product/SBV01
  • (does look nice.. perhaps we could offer an amnesty by not pursuing legal avenues if they deliver all the stock to Wayne ASAP) 
  • Yes it does looks nice.

And it glows in the dark (almost) which was something Sam requested a while back.
  • There must be a mole in the club
  • Very dodgy...
  • ^^ What?! But who could that possibly be?
  • It is a little bit outrageous
  • Club ride to Norf London to protest! 
  • I can confirm that Dov was not involved in any part of the design process.
  • Didn't the chief Rapha designer go out on the Tuesday night rides?
  • Purely coincidental I am sure...
  • And surely another coincidence was that order of extra-bright Exposure lights so that the jerseys could seen clearly in the dark by the interlopers...
  • Both Dan and Sam (at Sky) are quiet.
  • Nowt to do with me. I do get 20% off Rapha gear tho.....
  • Surely we just get Rapha to do special club versions of the jersey. Three per member and 25% lifetime discounts on all other items. And some embrocation. Or we sue them. 
  • Err... This is really similar... I feel strangely bothered by this.
  • It is quite close innit :^]

My take on it is this - we can't copyright stripes and it's not a registered kit. 

We're a club that doesn't take itself too seriously and so what if a couple of chunky choppers buy it for a couple of laps of RP, it doesn't have our glorious club name on it! no point in reacting with anything other than bants and pisstake on something we can't change.

Was chatting to Simon earlier and he made a very good point that the Rapha design team are not wholly responsible for this, the greater push would have come from the Sky marketing dept who would have no idea about grupetto 

The club jersey refresh will be having a saucy dig at waffa and sky inside one of the pockets tho…
  • Looks shit

Oh wait ...
  • I blame Damo
  • We should stage a protest...

Get dressed in kit and cycle over to the Rapha Cycle Cafe. I haven't worked out the next step (but hopefully we can crowdsource that). Maybe do slow laps of the block on our bikes. Or sit in cafe all day sipping a single coffee/tea. And we could have signs with slogans.
  • I wouldn't bring Anna Glowinski into this :)

Her reaction seemed somewhat hysterical and she was pretty much off the mark...
  • 2008 mother flipppers!!!
  • wayne said:

It is quite close innit :^]

My take on it is this - we can't copyright stripes and it's not a registered kit. 

We're a club that doesn't take itself too seriously and so what if a couple of chunky choppers buy it for a couple of laps of RP, it doesn't have our glorious club name on it! no point in reacting with anything other than bants and pisstake on something we can't change.

Was chatting to Simon earlier and he made a very good point that the Rapha design team are not wholly responsible for this, the greater push would have come from the Sky marketing dept who would have no idea about grupetto 

The club jersey refresh will be having a saucy dig at waffa and sky inside one of the pockets tho…

My first hand experience of the Sky Marketing Dept makes me understand what it must be like to be in an episode of the The Apprentice. 
  • Someone suggested dropping their Westmalle Tripel bottle in front of Wiggo during P-R. That's a bit too much I think. Time to increase the OGE fandom.
  • I'd happily throw a glass bottle full of piss at Chris Froome.
    He doesn't even have to be riding his bike. Just walking down the street or something.
  • Whut a waste of Trippel :O
  • Ved said:

Whut a waste of Trippel :O

Bottles can be empty, grasshopper.

Much to learn.. much to learn..
  • hoops said:

I'd happily throw a glass bottle full of piss at Chris Froome.
    He doesn't even have to be riding his bike. Just walking down the street or something.

Best post of 2015
  • I reluctantly agreed to have a breakfast meeting at Rapha Cafe this morning . Despite my desire to stage a protest near to the Team Sky merchandise, I settled for a rather nice scrambled eggs and ham with a coffee. 

All rather nice , if not a little pricey. ( but  then again I wasn't paying ).
  • No hot dog? You've changed, Dave... 
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!