This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
RideLondon 100
  • Don't suppose anyone has got a place they don't want, can't use?
  • Oh actually - the missus has a place with some charity or other. She's not very well so no chance she will use it. I don't know what the deal is re: someone else using it.
  • When I phoned my charity to say I couldn't ride I asked about swapping - as I thought someone on here might be interested - and they told me it wasn't possible because of health & safety considerations. Might be different for some charities (it was Mind)?
  • dan said:

Oh actually - the missus has a place with some charity or other. She's not very well so no chance she will use it. I don't know what the deal is re: someone else using it.

You can't do an official swap but it's easy to ride as someone else, you just wear their number. I did it last year...
  • Are there any other grumps riding this? I roll out at 6:27am...
  • I'm riding. I think I'm group Pink starting at 6:15. 
  • Good luck fellas. Remember it is Ride London not Race London :)
  • Any rough ETA for when you will going through Kingston?
  • You lot have closed the roads of my usual loops.  Piss orf back to London you townie oinks!
  • Dommy I don't know what the rules are - if you want the number text me and I'll bring it tomorrow.
  • <insert photo of fat guy falling over on Box Hill here> 
  • Any news on our intrepid CSG MAMILs?
  • Nath, who is not a MAMIL yet, smashed it.  Massive avg speed.
  • Cripes, I'm shattered. Closed roads and 25,000 people on a flat course really makes a difference. Did it in 4hrs 50 at 33.8kph.
    Beer time.
  • Impressive. Well done :)
  • Well done Nath. Did you see many crashes? Seemed to be alot of dubious bike handling on show today
  • I heard there were a fair few crashes. Some fella died apparently (a heart attack) near Leith.
  • Really? Crikey
  • Excellent reporting from the Daily Express
  • Turns out it was some fella called Stephen Green.
  • From another forum:

"Not sure I will do another, it felt like there were too many people of mixed abilities on the road and I saw some really, really poor and dangerous cycling. I saw at least 4 people being loaded into ambulances after pretty bad crashes and there must have been 8 other, less serious crashes that I saw as well as countless near misses."

I really can't see the attraction myself, would rather take my chances with the odd car nutter and not have to deal with squirrel nodders in the thousands with a bad case of the strava blinkers.
  • Each to his own. I suppose it appeals for the same reason that people want to do the marathon instead of just going for a run.
  • Two tactics; get out early and smash it with the competent or go later and enjoy the atmosphere at a sedate pace.
  • I'll be doing it next year with my rolled-over charity place (leg permitting). At a sedate pace.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!