This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
SUPERSUNDAY: Kent Ride, 17/04/16, meet 9am at Cadence.
  • Hey gang,

I'd like to suggest a ride a week on Sunday around Kent, taking in a few hills. There are two routes that I used to do a lot. One is an extension of the TiK route and another goes out near Eynsford.

Option 1: https://www.strava.com/activities/163239995/ (Cake stop at the top of Ide Hill)

Option 2: https://www.strava.com/activities/291734993 (Cake stop in Otford before Row Dow)

Any takers?

• list.

NathC
    Jaygee
  • NathC
    Jaygee
    Sam
  • Bit too long for me :(
  • Day after my wedding, think Nic may be a little annoyed if I go for a ride.
  • At a wedding. People getting married are very fucking inconsiderate.
  • dandan said:

Day after my wedding, think Nic may be a little annoyed if I go for a ride.

My invite is still in the post right?

;-)
  • Anyone else? Also, which route?
  • Eb and I hope to join you for the way out - she's only just got back on the bike, and I'm a lazy sprinter, so we're keeping it under 2.5 hours. We might also have one more with us. 
  • There's a chance I will come along for some of the ride. I'll be going out to see my Dad on either Saturday or Sunday, and if it's Sunday, I'll join you for a while.
  • wrong commment
  • Top work
  • Probably in
  • Where's the cake stop?
  • List:

Nath
    Jaygee
    Sam
    Dan (part)
    EB (part)
    +1 (part)
    Will (part, maybe)
    Dommy (maybe)

Any more?
  • Cake stop for route 2 is the Pond View Cafe. A bit rubbish, but at the half way mark. Totally up for other suggestions.
  • Awesome. Can watch the ducks in the pond.
  • Depending on progress/time I may have to peel off at the tea stop. It's only 12 1/2 miles to home from there.
  • "Pond cafe" 

Is this indicative of their coffee quality....? 
  • We could stop at the Ide Hill cafe, actually, I forgot that we are going up there (oh gawd).
  • Better idea, Nath. I can also slope off home from there too if need be :0)
  • Nice route, nice group can't do Sunday :-(
  • Are you meeting in Cadence 9am? 
  • Yep! But if people would like to meet at a different time then that's cool.
  • I'd like to be back in time to watch the Amstel Gold Race.
  • Back for 1pm then? Do people want to start at 8? (please no).
  • Jaygee said:

I'd like to be back in time for when the pubs open so I can sink pints and pints of Amstel.

FTFY
  • Earliest I can get there for is 8:30.
  • I'm afraid I will have to peel off home at Ide Hill. George has a place in a new respite club, first one is 1pm Sunday. Hopefully will still have time for a coffee at the cake stop!
  • I could do 8.30 if others are game... got a house viewing at 2.30....
  • Let's make it 8:30am then?

List for reference...

Nath
    Jaygee
    Sam
    Dan (part)
    EB (part)
    +1 (part)
    Will (part, maybe)
    Dommy (maybe)
  • Just checked, and the race isn't on Eurosport. 8.30 is fine by me though.
  • It's on Eurosport 2 from 1pm.
  • I must have been blind this morning. Thanks Sam.
  • Good work Nath, I may see if I can sneak out for a coffee. 
  • Yeah, go on! 

I'm going to try to get to Cadence for 8am so I can chill out a bit before we head out.
  • I haven't quite worked out what I'm doing tomorrow...

If I'm there then I'm there. But don't wait for me if it looks like I haven't turned up!
  • I'm really not sure about tomorrow folks. Destroyed myself in a 25 mile TT this afternoon, I'm currently hobbling around like an old man!

Fingers crossed tho.
  • Sorry chaps, I won't be able to make this. Can hardly walk, and coupled with a 5am start yesterday and a 4:30 one today I just cannot do it.
  • Not for me. I'm realising I need to be a bit more sensible about ramping up my distance :) Have a good ride.
  • God, I'm awake! It's a miracle. I'll be leaving stokey at 7.30am.
    Sorry you won't be joining us, Sam and Will.
  • Next time, Will and Sam. I signed up for the Strava Premium trial. Download route for free here
  • Wotcha gaffers.

I've been up since 5am.

Have a good ride.
  • Looks like you will have a nice sunny morning for it!
  • Argh sorry guys, terrible nights sleep, not going to make it. Enjoy the ride
  • will said:

Looks like you will have a nice sunny morning for it!

Deceptive, it's brass monkeys out there.
  • Definitely coming... 5 mins late
  • 1 degree broes
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!