This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
Bank Holiday Monday - May Day Madness
  • Anyone fancy riding a century? Imperial obvs.
  • 1. Dov
    2. jaygee (if it isn't raining)

• What time you starting? I would very much like to come and join in. not sure I'll be able to make it though.
  • My range is 50 miles tops

* weeps*
  • @bobby, What time is too early?
  • Innit. We can shift shit for you B
  • Really wish I could be on this but I'm working....FML.
  • I'm working too.

Cheese loving bastards...
  • Where you leaving from?
    Would struggle to make it to Richmond park for anytime before 9:30 really I'm supposed to be doing a whopper ride out to Gospel Pass in Wales on Sunday too, so could be a little worse for ware!
  • Not sure about what Dov has planned route wise. I suppose RP is probably easiest for you, as you can park your car. Dov?
  • Yeah. RP is good.

I'm riding 220km Sat, 105 Sun and then 175km on Mon so GTFO your worse for ware excuses. 

10am RP?
  • ^ whopper chat.

Ok, lemme check with th boss tonight, and I'll report back in the morning.
  • He rules with an iron paw.
  • It fearsome.
  • 10am at RP???
  • 175km route?
    10am Roehampton Cafe

1. Dov (whopper)
    2. jaygee (if it isn't raining)
    3. Bobby (Rudy approved rider)
  • I'm going to leave home at 7:00, which should put me at the cafe in RP around 9:15 all being well... will give me time to sort my shit out and grab a quick bite to eat.

Does anybody know the score with the car park by the cafe? can i leave my car there all day without paying?
  • Yes you can.

I'll meet you there at 9:30 for brekkiefasties
  • +1 For brekkie.
  • You better call ahead and let them know to order more food.
  • I predict a KM to LOL ratio of 2.8 on this ride.
  • Maybe as high as 3 if i crash.
  • Pro tip: Never ride next to Dov. Or behind of me on a descent.
  • Yes you can.

I'll meet you there at 9:30 for brekkiefasties

I'll just turn up for the food 
  • Can you do a weather bagel thingy of the route please Dov?
  • Won't be as nice as today, but the LOLZ will make up for the sullen sky.
  • Guys, I just got home from riding in wales. I'm absolutely goosed. Did 225km with an awful lot of up and the last 100 was into a horrible headwind.
    I'm not sure i can face getting up at 6:00 and driving to london, so dont think i will make this... really sorry, but im so tired i think i might fall asleep on the motorway!
  • Good day for it.

I hope you had the same amazing weather as us (besides the wind). It will be Sad not to see you.

Some up and down in Wales sounds like a good excuse for me to get on a train.
  • No worries Bobby.

Jason, Kent? 10am at cadence??
  • Cool. See you there.
  • Yeah, come visit! Wye Valley is excellent! Would love to ride, but it's the drive either side of the ride I just can't be dealing with. Sorry to flake out.
    Weather was awful, we had the nice weather here yesterday!
  • The Wye Valley is featured at the end of the Bryan Chapman! We have spare places if you like Bobby?
  • I'd like to ride tomorrow.... Sorry not to see you Bobby... See you at cadence
  • The Wye Valley is featured at the end of the Bryan Chapman! We have spare places if you like Bobby?

Fuck that!
    Would like to try a 300k ride this year, but the Bryan Chapman is too nuts for me. I would throw my toys out the pram at some point for sure.
  • 300k is a long daty but manageable. 600k? Pffft.
  • My main issue with super long rides is the amount of crap you need (want) to take with you to cover the weather changes. Was handy having a little bar bag today. Looks pretty dumb tho!
  • Have a good ride today guys.
  • Have a good one. It's been drizzling in Kent on and off since 6am, I hope you all don't get caught out.
  • Thanks Dov and Dommy. Nice route with some new roads. I'll bank that for Summer. The weather was kind. More bluebells than I have seen in a long time. Yay.
  • How was the ride today chaps? Jaycee you sound like you had fun in the bluebells.
  • Jon Crowbar and I went out for a nice, steady midmorning ride in Kent. With coffee, beer and toasted sandwiches. No deckchairs were harmed in the making of this ride.
  • Was windy yesterday.

• It was a bit breezy.
    Ride felt bloody hard yesterday. I think I'm just really weak.
  • I was struggling too. JG was drilling us.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!