This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
saturday twisty up and down bucolic ramble
  • most will be riding sunday but if anyone fancies a bit of plodder exploring then i’m doing this tomorrow presuming i can work out how to load it into my garmin tonight.

lots of country lanes. not got a start time but probably 9 from crystal palace but would shift that if any takers. an ideal ride for the infirm or those with front mech issues.
  • Nice one Gary.
  • Save the GPX (or whatever) into the "New Files" directory on your Garmin, and then it will magically appear in the list of routes next time you turn the Garmin on.
  • Looks good, I'll be at the Siliconmilkrounadbout....
  • Good luck!
  • will said:

Save the GPX (or whatever) into the "New Files" directory on your Garmin, and then it will magically appear in the list of routes next time you turn the Garmin on.

done. so i didn’t need a garmin connect account to do this.
  • No. I'm slightly wary of installing Garmin Connect (on a PC at least) because it lurks in the background and whenever you plug in your Garmin it automatically loads your ride data onto the Garmin site. They introduced that a while ago, and I think it was in an attempt to forcibly amass data for their Strava clone features.
  • Have a good ride guys.
  • was lovely out there, only went off route twice (once on purpose). definitely a social route apart from the blast back through biggen hill. some of those roads even Andy hasn’t ridden :-)
  • will said:

No. I'm slightly wary of installing Garmin Connect (on a PC at least) because it lurks in the background and whenever you plug in your Garmin it automatically loads your ride data onto the Garmin site. They introduced that a while ago, and I think it was in an attempt to forcibly amass data for their Strava clone features.

I'm sure that doesn't happen. Or maybe I've disabled it.
  • It was definitely doing that for a while. Maybe people complained and they stopped it :)
  • i'll just use ride with GPS if i want to draw a route and upload. i’m sure garmin are trying to do a strava but have missed the boat.
  • I used the TCX format for a route to RP on Sunday. It was awful.  Will go back to GPX.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!