This forum is now read only. Please read the new forum post below and then visit http://csgrupetto.microco.sm for the new forum or visit the club website at www.csgrupetto.co.uk
Hello! This is the forum for members of CS Grupetto. The main content of the forum is only available to CS Grupetto members. Ride info is public and if you'd like to join us on a ride just drop us an email through our contact page at www.grupetto.co.uk
Club Run - Sunday 22nd May - Box Hill (extended by 17km)
  • Route TBC

1. Dov
  • 1. Dov
    2. Dave Mac - will be turning back at some point depending on route.
  • 1. Dov
    2. Dave Mac - will be turning back at some point depending on route.
    3. jaygee
  • Sadly I'm away this weekend so can't make it. 

If you fancy a bit of riding though and don't think you might be up to a full club ride the rolling out with the club and then turning back works really well for me as my fitness is getting better and soon I'll be doing the full length routes. It also means I get to ride with the club and not sit at home wishing I had someone to ride with. 

Have a good ride and see you next week.
    R.
  • Chap-o to Ricki's fitness!
  • Yeah bravo Ricky, the first part of getting into back into shape is always the hardest.
  • A 1000 mile journey starts with the first step.
  • To climb the mountain

You must first learn to climb

"Anon"
  • It's a properly slippery slope.

You get fit enough to do a club run and then before you know it you're finishing it with energy and wondering if anyone is riding in the week.
  • Ved said:

To climb the mountain

You must first learn to climb

"Anon"

So inspiring
  • Unfortunately due to last minute change of plans family wise , I'm not going to make this now .

It looks like I've got a 2hour window tomorrow for a ride if I leave at 7am.
  • Dave will text you. 
  • Hi Dov and Jaygee,

Are you guys still riding tomorrow? Steve and I are up for it but I'm time poor, what have you got in mind? Are you guys doing "standard" Box Hill? If we leave at 9 (prompt ish) be fine. I have to be back 12:30.

Andy
  • 1. Dov
    2. Jaygee
    3. Nath
    4. Dave Mac ?
    5. Steve ?
    6. Andy ?
  • NathCNathC 5:00PM Quote
    1. Dov
    2. Jaygee
    3. Nath
    4. Dave Mac ?
    5. Steve
    6. Andy
  • NathCNathC 5:00PM Quote
    1. Dov
    2. Jaygee
    3. Nath
    4. Dave Mac ?
    5. Steve
    6. Andy
    7. Tom
  • 1. Dov
    2. Jaygee
    3. Nath
    4. Dommy
    5. Steve
    6. Andy
    7. Tom
  • Fantastic weather
  • Did you guys have a good ride today?
  • Yep, it was a great ride, with top weather and some pints at the end. 

Tom wasn't feeling well so had to turn back which was a shame (I hope you're feeling better!), but Andy rode with him. Dov's mate Jo also joined us again.

• Great day out indeed. Nice one, team! I rode back to Walton with Tom and on the way home was caught by a massive group (dunno who but have Masareti on their bum, I've seen them around before). They were quite a way in front of us and nearly had a massive pile up.
  • These guys?
  • Not a good day on the bike for me. Completely empty. Thanks Andy for riding back with me. 
  • Sorry Tom. We all have bad days.
  • I rode up to Epsom downs which I have never done before , some OK roads albeit it was early and there were few cars. Got really lost and rode back along some dual carriage way which wasn't fun.

Also my pre ride bbq feast on Saturday night didn't help as I felt like I was going to have to stop to be sick a few times....

• Sounds like some good experiences all round :)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!